Blog Azeroth Shared Topic: Top 5 Mounts
This week’s Blog Azeroth shared topic coming right on the heals of my recent mount acquisition seems too serendipitous to pass up (not to mention, I actually know about it for a change). Dragonray asks us the following question:
So what are your top 5 mounts – or just the ones you go to all the time because you like the way they ride? What are the ones you really dislike and can never bring yourself to use – does it rub against your collecting nature (if you have one) to buy all the mounts even though you know you will never use them?
I’ll start with my top 5 favorite mounts that I own, in proper countdown fashion:
5. Sunwalker Kodo – I really enjoy showing off my Tauren pally mount. Tauren look silly on horses, so a more robust mount is defintely a must for the Sunwalkers. The only downside is that my Alliance paladins are stuck with the original horse.
4. Nether Rays – I love the look of all the rays, it doesn’t particularly matter what color they are. Also, I have a lovely memory of finishing the rep up during WoW’s 8th Anniversary, with the buff, and when getting my last Ray, also getting the Mountain O’ Mounts achievement.
3. Silver Covenant Hippogryph – I love all of the Hippogryphs, but this white one is just gorgeous.
2. Phosphorescent Stone Drake – Does this beauty really need an explanation?
1. Currently the pride of my collection is the Jeweled Onyx Panther. I put a lot of work into gaining the reputation on my jewelcrafter, and creating all of the materials (and making bags to sell) while collecting the funds to make a second set of the panthers.
And now for the second part of the question: my least favorite mounts:
5. The Cloud Serpents are not enjoyable to ride. Because of the way they undulate, the bobbing up and down gets distracting. They’re also huge.
4. Ashes of A’lar / Fiery Warhorse not because I dislike either mount, per se, but because I cannot seem to win them! The RNG hates me! I’m actually pretty sure they’d be in my top 5 if I owned them.
3. Protodrakes – I really dislike the wings on the protodrake model, even if I have been known to pursue acquisition of them from time to time….
2. Qiraji Resonating Crystals – The thing I dislike about these mounts is quite simply that they are only usable in AQ. And they drop ridiculously often. To the point where my tank carries around one of each just so she doesn’t have to roll on them!
1. Scorpid mounts. Scorpids are creepy. Scorpids big enough to ride are even creepier.
And for the final part of the question, no it doesn’t particularly bother me that I have mounts that I will never use. Some of them are reminders of friends and enjoyable times (like the human’s Charger). Others are reminders of long sought goals, like the Glory of the Hero Red Protodrake.